Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Gadgets

Most people like new electronics. I don't know anyone that wasn't at least a little intrigued by the iPhone. I however think I have some sort of addiction to the latest and greatest.

Ask anyone that knows me. I have probably gone through more cell phones in the past few years than most will go through in their entire lives. It all started when I worked at RadioShack in college. It was like some sort of high. I was always wanting the new model and somehow I would always find a way to get it.

Now that I am in the professional world, you would have thought this obsession would die out or at least dwindle. In fact, I think it has gotten worse. I now have actual uses for these devices and whenever some new feature is added I think to myself "I could use that."

I thought this was weird for a while (along with my wife and several friends), then I discovered there are is a whole population that not only share this obsession but are worse. Just look at some of these websites...

www.the-gadgeteer.com
www.treocentral.com
www.phonescoop.com
www.howardforums.com
www.phonenews.com
www.engadget.com

and the list goes on.

So what is my point. Just when you think you are unique in your weirdness, the Internet introduces you to a mass group just like you.

1 comment:

Dax said...

Brent,

I'd like to point out that an abundance of odd behavior does not diminish the fact that it is odd. It just means that you are not alone. And frankly, as an employee of a company that counts on people replacing cell phones at least once a year, I appreciate people like you. Keep buying it.

Dax